Anzac Day

14km @ 1/2M race pace | 1:20:21 | 5:42/km pace Today I set myself a test: to run 14km at race pace. Of course I have no idea what 1/2M race pace actually is, so I decided that a circa 2 hour finish in my first half would be an realistic goal. I ran the 7km Centennial/Queens Park loop twice at 6.30am. I ran without any pain or tightness in the shin or calves. To run at pace for the first time in 2 months was a little weird to me. I suffered from oxygen debt for the first 5 or so kms and at one stage doubted that I could actually maintain the pace. Luckily I settled down after 7km and was able to run in a good rhythmn. I spent some time on the harder surfaces and felt quite stong and felt no pain. Orthotics seem to be working a treat. Finished quite fresh with petrol in the tank. A definate confidence builder. Mood: :D
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment