First run. New day.

35:00 | Easy First Run After a few well deserved days off (due mainly to my ever blackening big toe) I ran last night (brrr) up and around Bondi Junction / Woollahra. A few niggles appeared mainly in my left calf and hammy. I stretched afterwards and took anti-inflamatories. I think I will run my first STaR (Sydney Striders) on Sunday. I cant usually run a Sunday STaR as its location prohibits me from getting home on time to take my son to football. This weeks looks a goer however. Afterall, its a local starting at Queens Park which is 500m away. Looks like I'll take the newby 7.00am group as I haven't really ran at 10km pace for many months, so best that I take this one easy. New Day OK, so I've run the 1/2M but instead of it leaving me content with my effort - on the contrary, I'm hungry to improve. I've revised my goals as follows:- 10km - sub 47:00 C2S - sub 75:00 Syd 1/2M - sub 110:00 I will work on a new program aimed to get my 10km times down. This should not be too hard. Over the next few months I will lose a few more kgs and adopt a program that involves Hill Reps and Intervals etc. I've realized that to run fast you have to train to run fast. All these past months have been largely easy runs, mainly due to injuries. I have pinched the pace chart from McMillan Running and saved it here based on my 10km goal pace. I will continue to run the majority of my Sunday long runs on the grass/soft surfaces to lessen the impact on the old legs. Stay tuned. Mood: :D
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Horrie stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 28 May, 2005

It will be good if you can make it Gronk. I am hosting the 7am run this Sunday. Look forward to seeing you there.    



» Post a Comment