Spin only before race

I have the Striders 10km race on Saturday morning and accordingly have commenced my mini taper. So in the week leading up to a race my last run is always Tuesday, I spin on Wednesday and Thursday (tempo spins 1 min easy, 1 min hard for 45 mins), rest on Friday to be fresh on Saturday. Don't ask me if I'm doing the right thing or not, but the few days off always seems to iron out the niggles and the spinning keeps me fresh. This month's Striders is back at Homebush (Olympic Park) which is a pretty flat track. So if I'm having a good day (and it's not too windy and rainy) I might just give that PB a crack. Stay tuned sports fans. ;) Mood: ---> :)
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger miners stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 30 June, 2005

Best of luck with Strider's mate. I think you're training has been perfect (particularly the slamming door technique).

Hey, we miss you over at hijackers    



Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 30 June, 2005

Good luck on Saturday Gronk. Your training has been going very well; I think your existing PB is history ! J    



Blogger CJ stopped running and said ...
Friday, 01 July, 2005

Good luck and looking forward to hearing how you went!    



» Post a Comment