Lost Weekend

Well things just don't turn out the way you want sometimes. I ventured out on Saturday morning for a quick interval session. Sounds very professional doesn't it ? ;). I did a quick lap around Queens Park to warm up and then ran the park on the diagonal which gave me 800m on the grass from tree to tree. I did 8 of those at 5km pace and headed home. That was OK. My long run was scheduled for Sunday. I was going to run 14km on the grass, but one thing lead to another...sigh. Family commitments meant that it got pushed back from morning run, to lunch run, to afternoon run and then to an after dinner run. After all that, it still didn't happen. Grrr. Everything happens for a reason - right ? So I was probably being protected from putting my foot in a wombat hole or from being hit by lightening or from that angry goose in Centennial Park who was carefully plotting my demise. I guess on the upside, I'm feeling pretty fresh :) ! Mood: :)
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Carolyne stopped running and said ...
Monday, 20 June, 2005

Thanks for the kind words Gronk.

Your interval session on Saturday sounds very impressive! don't sweat it about life intervening though, fresh is good, and family is (more) important!    



Blogger Wobbly man stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 21 June, 2005

Hey Gronk,

Don't sweat the missed runs mate - just look back on them as when you decided life was just more important or when you were allowing your running muscles to recover fully - rest is important too!

"I'll have a schooner of New" (practicing my post C2S order techinque)...    



» Post a Comment