Striders 10km Lane Cove

10Km | Race | 48:48 PB A very unexpected PB today. I arrived today at Lane Cove feeling pretty crappy really. It was cold and I hadn't trained or ran at 10km pace since may last Striders race in March. To top it all off I rolled over on my ankle near the weir walking up to the start. Yeah, what a clutz. Luckily it only affected lateral movement so it didn't really have any effect on my stride. I ran the first 4km with the 50 minute pacer and then moved away and caught up with CoolRunner Li'l Elf. We ran at about 5:00/km pace until about 7km when Elf asked me what my PB was (49:30) and suggested that we should have a crack at it. At 8km mark we were still at 5:02/km pace and Elf told me to go for it, so I found an extra gear and lunged up the last hill. I wasn't really aware of my time as I turned the last corner just before the weir. Out of the blue came Elf from behind with a "come on Gronk" as she passed me sprinting to the line. With that we both ran hard across the weir for a hollywood finish (chest out, arms back). :) Li'l Elf, I owe you BIG TIME for my PB ! My splits were:- 4:54 4:42 5:03 4:52 5:42 5km 25:15 4:56 5:03 4:56 5:03 3:34 10km 48:48 official Striders time. I know that the last km seems way too fast, but thats what my Timex Bodylink GPS gizmo says. It might have something to do with the event distance. It says it was 9.800 km (I actually stopped my watch just after the finish at 49 flat, so no way did I stop it 200m short). Weird huh ? No injuries to report, apart from the dodgy big toe and a slight ligament strain on the ankle. They'll be right in a day or two. Mood: ---> :D
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 05 June, 2005

Woohoo ! Congratulations on a fantastic run and a great PB ! At that hard work has certainly paid off. Well done !    



Blogger TA and the Gnome stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 05 June, 2005

Gronk,

Good to see you again yesterday. Congratulations on the time. I was hoping we could keep you in sight, but 48:48 is just too fast! :-)

sfG    



Anonymous Anonymous stopped running and said ...
Monday, 06 June, 2005

Congratulations on the PB! Took 50 seconds off mine too.
Saw you and Elf cross the line but didn't get to say G'day. See you at the next striders run unless that toe brings you in.

Cheers, Andy    



» Post a Comment