North Bondi loop

10.5km | Moderate | 57:34 I did my usual run down to the beach and back at about 8.30pm last night. Earlier on there was lots of rain, thunder & lightening about which seemed to pass quickly up the coast. I set off in light drizzle dressed in tights, long sleeve dri-fit, spray jacket & skull cap. I was feeling a bit of tightness in both the calves & hammys again for the first 2/3 kms but then they seemed to settle down. It was like I was the only one about last night. Bondi Beach was deserted. Cafes were empty. Just me the stupid runner I guess. On my way up the long haul of Bondi Road my hammys started to hurt again. It got the point were I had to stop and stretch at a bus shelter near the Royal Hotel. Maybe I need a hamstring transplant ? No, maybe I should be dedicated enough to work on them every day ? Yes, I think the latter is the answer. Mood: ---> :D
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Carolyne stopped running and said ...
Friday, 24 June, 2005

Just take a leaf out of Gillespie's book, Gronk. He is obviously very injury prone, but I have never seen an athlete more dedicated to stretching at every available moment, between deliveries when fielding on the rope, between overs. In this cold weather it is even more important.

(P.S. I don't practice what I preach!)    



Blogger Horrie stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 25 June, 2005

Well done Gronk. It is runs like this that will keep you moving forward. If you decide to stay indoors where it is warm and safe, you will not improve. You are getting yourself out of your comfort zone and going from strength to strength. Keep challenging yourself mate.    



» Post a Comment