Striders 10km Olympic Park

10km | Race | 45:51 PB Gee that was a (unofficial) PB by 3:01 2:58 today ! Rather unexpected considering that I have been training as per normal but not really doing anything special. Must have been a really fast course I think. EDIT: Hey ! I came 4th overall in the handicap adjusted results ! :) Anyway, for the first time I actually did a warm up and stretch before the race (maybe that was it?) and then set off at 7:00am start. Whilst I saw both the 45 & 50 min pacers lined up, I lost them at the start and ran a few ks a bit in the dark. What made it worse was that my GPS signal went missing so I had to quickly work out my splits in my head as I ran. I saw Podrunner (45 pacer) at about 3kms and think that I ran up to CR Queen Bee at that point. Having Podrunner in my sights worried me really because it meant that I went out way too hard. So it was either slow up or keep going and test the water. Test the water it was. As it turned out I was about 3 mins ahead of my PB at 5km and then finished pretty steady thereafter. I'm still a bit confused about the big drop in my time and am half expecting to find that the course was short or something ! Ok, here's the bad news. My second toe on my left foot (or is it the bone leading to the joint?) is killing me and I'm limping about at the moment. I spoke to Podrunner after the race and I will see him probably Wednesday. Hope its ligaments rather than stress fracture... Mood: ---> :D
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Lulu stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 02 July, 2005

Well done on a great new PB.. I'm sure the course was well measured by Action so I shouldn't worry about that.

Hope the toe turns out to be nothing too serious.

See you around the Park    



Blogger Carolyne stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 02 July, 2005

Awesome time Gronk! That is a PB to be proud of! Homebush isn't a slow course, although isn't entirely flat either.

You'll have to accept that you are just a runner now! Good luck with the toe.    



Blogger Horrie stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 02 July, 2005

Fantastic run today Gronk.

A 3 minute PB - most of us can only dream of achieving such a feat.

Homebush is a fast course but you still have to get out there and run.

Don't underestimate what you did today. It was absoulutely awesome!

Hope it keeps going well for you.    



Blogger CJ stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 02 July, 2005

Well done - a 3minute PB!!! Lets hope that toe is ok and you can go and set some more PBs!    



Blogger Wobbly man stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 03 July, 2005

Great PB Gronk! Well done mate.    



Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Monday, 04 July, 2005

Woohoo! Congratulations Gronk on a huge PB. All your training is certainly paying off. Good luck with your toe; I hope its ok. J    



Blogger TA and the Gnome stopped running and said ...
Monday, 04 July, 2005

Geez Gronk, you're going to be hard to keep up with :-) *Very* impressed!!

sfG    



» Post a Comment