Bondi slug

11km | easy | 63:43 Week 4 of 13 I was supposed to head out at 5.30am this morning for my run, but with one of the kids sick with the flu my sleep was somewhat disrupted. Needless to say that with only 5 hours sleep I wasn't in exactly jumping out of my skin this morning. My legs were feeling heavy, weary and a bit sore around the ankles as I ran through the start of Queens Park. So much so that I had to stop and stretch again when I got to Clovelly Road. By the time I got down to the beaches my legs were OK, but I found it really hot in the strong morning sun. I wore my fuel belt with the new larger bottles and tried to replace as much fluid as possible, but I was swimming in sweat by the time that I got time I got to Bondi. The long grind up Bondi Road to home wasn't exactly pleasant. I finished feeling pretty crappy and noticed that I was 1.5kgs lighter than from when I started. Mucho gatorade to be consumed this morning me thinks. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Spark Driver stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 12 March, 2006

Atleast you got out there and gave it a go. Hope the Mini-Gronk gets well soon    



Blogger Don Juan stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 12 March, 2006

Thanks for the comment. I wish I was elite.
Your runs are getting longer. Comeback is looking good.    



Blogger Ellie80 stopped running and said ...
Monday, 13 March, 2006

wow - 1.5kg is a lot!!! oh well - i don't feel so bad for having a crap run on sunday. good on you for doing such a loooong one with a big hill!!    



Blogger Wobbly man stopped running and said ...
Monday, 13 March, 2006

Hey Gronk, Good to see you easing the long runs out again. Have you got any races in your sights at the moment?    



Blogger Katie stopped running and said ...
Monday, 13 March, 2006

Hey Gronk... we hooned by you doing your outside feence on Saturday! You were running up the hill... near the bus station. We did not honk you.. it was dark and thought we might give you a fright ;-)

Keep up all your hard work... paying off!    



» Post a Comment