Sydney Striders 10km - Olympic Park

10km | 45:16 | Race | PB 3km | recovery | not timed Week 3 of 13 I ran this morning with the intention of going as hard as I can. Seeing that my shins had mysteriously healed themselves over the past few days (must have been that Benny Hinn Holy Water I bought on Ebay ;-P), I was feeling good enough to give it a crack. I took off with the huge starting group not knowing who or where the 45 pacer was. The only person I saw was Papa Luigi just ahead and I thought that he would probably be running a conservative race today because of 6-Foot next week, so I kept him in my sights. At the first km marker I could see that I was under PB pace at about 4:15 so I tried to turn it down a bit. I went through the 5km at exactly 45 pace at 22:23 so I knew that I was on target. Soon Spud (the 45 pacer) and Johnny Dark ran up next to me and Spud asked if I was jumping aboard the 45 train. I said that would try and hold on for as long as I could. By about 9km Spud & JD were about 50m ahead and there was no chance I could catch them. I tried really hard to run the last km fast but my tired old legs and burning lungs just wouldn't participate. Still, I'm very happy with a 24 second PB and aim to break that 45 minute barrier very soon. I had to drop my Mum's car off at her house afterwards in Double Bay (we are a one car family and our Princess had ballet this morning), so I had a leisurely 3km run up to Woollahra and through Centennial Park to home as a belated warm down. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 04 March, 2006

Go Gronk!!!! Huuuuuge congrats on the PB. That sub 45 is yours for the taking for sure.    



Blogger Lulu stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 04 March, 2006

That's great news Gronk; A Pb and some magic healing. Perhaps all they needed were some attention from the Pod and a few adjustments to the orthotics!

Well done on the weight loss too.    



Blogger TA and the Gnome stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 04 March, 2006

And no mention of shins hurting even after the whacking you gave them this morning? Maybe the getting better really is getting better :-)

Gnome    



Blogger Katie stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 04 March, 2006

Woo Hoo!! Well done... must be that 3kg lighter :-) I saw you for a split second... then GONE! Now I see your time... no wonder!

Keep up whatever you are doing its working!!!    



Blogger Don Juan stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 04 March, 2006

Well done on the result. Almost a miracle recovery.
I like the Fat Friday reports too.

I thought that was you on the treadmill video ;-).    



Blogger Spark Driver stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 04 March, 2006

It's always good to hear of PB's. Well done.    



Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 04 March, 2006

Wow! What a sensational run given your shin problems lately.

That sub-45min 10km will be yours very soon!    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 04 March, 2006

Martin congratulations on the PB. The sub 45 will come if you manage a month of full training till next race. If not then a dead flat North Head will smash it.    



Blogger Horrie stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 05 March, 2006

Great run Gronk. It's only a matter of time until you go sub 45. You'll be another one going past me soon.    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 05 March, 2006

Great work Gronk - such a big PB - sub 45 mins is just a matter of time ;-)    



Blogger Ellie80 stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 07 March, 2006

Nice PB! And I love that all you crazy bloggers just run home from things - just for fun :)

Cheers, E    



Blogger miners stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 07 March, 2006

congrats on the great time Gronk! won't be long till you're taking aim at the 44 barrier ;)    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 07 March, 2006

Good PB Gronk! 45 has a nice ring to it - I thought you'd run 45.    



» Post a Comment