Pod + run

5km | easy | no watch Week 3 of 13 I saw Podrunner after work as planned. Andy was planning to tell me to ditch the Adrenalines in favour of ASICS 2110's so he was pleased that I had already switched over to the 2100's although they are a little softer in the heel than the 2110's. I ran for a spell on the treadmill both with shoes on and off. I am so crap at treadmills that I have to hold on to the rails to avoid falling flat on my face. A bit like our friend here to the left ! ;-p Andy videoed it all and it seems that I'm still landing with my left foot askew, which puts strain on the shins. Running on that thing barefoot also left my shins in a cranky state. You wouldn't think that one minute barefoot on the treadmill would inflame them, but I really noticed it walking home. Andy beefed up the support with extra felt on the underside of my orthotics and gave me some exercises to improve my flexibility in the hip. The aim there is to see if my left foot can land straight(er) instead of pointing outwards slightly. I ran last night in my usual 5km loop. A combination of my newly inflamed shins, DOMS from running my overdue beach run on Tuesday and (maybe) the adjusted orthotics - left me very sore everywhere below the knees. I finished OK, but had to ice up afterwards. This morning I massaged my shins and surrounding muscles and applied voltaren gel. My program has me running a 40min tempo run tonight. Depending how I feel walking home this evening, I may drop that for a spin session in readiness for Striders 10km at Olympic Park on Saturday. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 02 March, 2006

I had to post fast as I was making a puddle laughing over that video.    



Blogger Unknown stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 02 March, 2006

OoooooH!! That is funny, Gronk!! You'd better hang on tight!    



Anonymous Anonymous stopped running and said ...
Friday, 03 March, 2006

Classic vid. Hope all goes well tomorrow.

Cheers, Andy    



» Post a Comment