Is DOMS, is good.

5km | recovery | no watch Week 4 of 13 I pulled up OK after Striders on Saturday with only slight tenderness in the shins. My quads however were screaming like a banshee all Sunday and Monday. On the upside, my post race quad pain usually goes on well into the next week. So the fact that I was without pain by Tuesday morning was a surprise. I assume that it was because of the magnesium that I started taking (amongst other supplements) a few weeks ago. Many thanks for the tip 2P ! :) I was due for a run on Tuesday night and whilst I was fully recovered from the DOMS, I noticed a little niggle in my calf walking home from work - so I erred on the side of caution dropped the run altogether. No big deal as my next priority is Nail Can in May. This means that my training now includes hills, hills and more hills whilst I build my base for the half later that month. I ran a recovery 5km last night at Mr McMillan's suggested 6:00/km pace and felt strong all the way. Tonight I'm off to Bondi for a play in the big sandpit. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 09 March, 2006

Don't ya love it when the pain is for a good reason for a change.

Nice recovery Gronk ;-)    



Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 09 March, 2006

Doesn't good pain make you feel good? No - oh, that just be me then.....

Magnesium is excellent - I take it too and I'm certain it makes a difference    



Blogger Wobbly man stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 09 March, 2006

Well done Gronk! No pain, no gain - enjoy your sand pit run!    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 09 March, 2006

Good to see the shins stayed quiet after the race. I thought you were doing Bondi Barefoot April 30th?    



» Post a Comment