Like sands through the hourglass...

5km | soft sand | 43:45 Week 4 of 13 Ok, now Superflake has thrown me into a mild panic here. For the past X years the Bondi Barefoot had been held the second Sunday in July. Now he tells me that its been moved to 30 April ! It seems that the Surfclub have done this specifically to hijack my plans. Payback because I entered Gronk Jnr in Bronte Nippers this year rather than Nth Bondi ? Yes I was thinking that too. That gives me 7 weeks to find the extra legs to go 10km on the sand. Sounds easy but last night my lower legs were Aeroplane Jelly status after 5km. Yes I know there is a 4km race but that would be the soft option, wouldn't it ? I have plenty of time to build my distance, but it's also just 7 days out from when I fly down to do the Nail Can Hill race. Should I be trashing my legs just a week out from (IMHO) the most demanding goal race in on my calendar ? Hmmm. Any advice fellow Bloggers ? ==================== FAT FRIDAY ! Weight @ 01/01/06: 83.0kg Weight last week: 80.1kg Weight this week: 79.5kg Body fat @ 01/01/06: 33.10% Body fat last week: 27.00% Body fat this week: 26.10% Comment: Yay! ==================== Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger miners stopped running and said ...
Friday, 10 March, 2006

tough quiz - that 10km on soft sand will be hard, particularly if you have to clamber over castles like that mid-race.

I HAVE made the mistake of running a 'nothing' sort of race too close to a goal race. The 'nothing' race I refer to were ones I really wanted to do for fun - but i did later regret doing them when I had to pull out of more important races. Tough call mate    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Friday, 10 March, 2006

No advice on the sand running Gronk, all I ever do is lie on it under my beach umbrella :-)

But big congrats on the ever decreasing weight and body fat %.    



Blogger blues buffett stopped running and said ...
Friday, 10 March, 2006

Hi Gronk

Good job on your training programme - real dedication !
If you can handle the Albury run, why not try the Sand run a little before ?
While in Albury, if you have time for another run, there are some great trails as you head over the Causeway to Wodonga    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Friday, 10 March, 2006

Gronk I know the Manly classic has a water jump and hills but I'll be buggered if I'm going to run up and down that castles steps for 10ks. Great work on the weight program mate. As you know the sand can be hell on the ankles. Best not to risk it if you really want to do Nail Can.    



Blogger TA and the Gnome stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 11 March, 2006

Gronk, let me rephrase the question as "which of them is my goal race?". When they're that close, the answer that question is the answer to yours...

Gnome

p.s. at the rate your shedding it, you'll have disappeared before Christmas. Slow down, already. You're unbalancing the earth... :-)    



» Post a Comment