SMH official results

Week 1 of 11 Thats me in the CR cap. :) Thanks everyone for your kind comments. The official results are in:- Place: 1211/4428 Gun time: 100:21 Chip time: 100:06 Today was suppose to be the start of my secret training. To run Willy to Billy in August and then Fitzroy Falls Fire Trail Marathon in October. However over the past 2 days I have been reassessing my goals and revising my training program. My conclusion is that I just couldn't be bothered running 30 odd Kms in training runs and facing the inevitable injuries that will no doubt follow. I have been running since May 2004. In the last 24 months I have honestly been injury free for only a few glorious weeks. Right now I am injury free and intend to stay that way for as long as possible. Unfortunatley I can't see me staying that way if I embark on a Marathon mission. Whilst I would love to run a marathon one day (and no doubt will), my desire to have an extended injury free period and enjoy my running is what I really want right now. So my focus is now on the C2S, Blackmore's 1/2M & Central Coast 1/2M as they are my remaining fav races for the year. Throw in a goal of getting my 10km time down by a another minute or two in the Striders 10kms and maybe even the Sutherland and Lake Macquarie halfs and my plate is well and truely full for 2006. I am very content with my decision and very much looking forward to it all ! Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger PortRunr stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 23 May, 2006

Hi Gronk,
Congratulations on a great result, and good on you for making the decision that should see you out enjoying your running.
With a bit of luck I'll get to say hi at a Striders 10km soon or the Central Coast Half.    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 23 May, 2006

Good plan mate.    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 23 May, 2006

Smart thinking Gronk, especially considering how well you ran the half on Sunday. Imagine what time you can do on an easier course if you structure your training around it.    



Blogger Carolyne stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 23 May, 2006

Great results Gronk - and you are the shadow of the man you were 12 months ago!

Don't dismiss Willy 2 Billy &/or Fitzroy Falls. They are both 'fun' runs in the truest sense of the word, on soft surfaces and the undulations are kinder on the body than the hard pounding of racing for time, especially for something like the unforgiving concrete at the Central Coast. The people and support from the firies is something fantastic!

Recover well!    



Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 23 May, 2006

Sounds like a sensible plan to me. Let's face it - we'd rather be running any distance free of injuries than continuing to battle the niggles    



Anonymous Anonymous stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 23 May, 2006

In your plan there's still enough there to keep you busy and fit. A very sensible approach.    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 23 May, 2006

Good move Gronk. Best to get a solid 3 months of injury free training at least before tackling the marathon. Not sure about Sutherland as I think that is 2 weeks before Sydney half? I did the 10k there 2 years ago b4 doing the 2004 sydney half. Hard off road course set me up well for my first half at sydney.    



Blogger Unknown stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 24 May, 2006

Gronk, what a relief to read about your approach to training & competing for the rest of this year.

You will enjoy the change to shorter distances & seeing improvements in these; no point in long distances, injury & no running at all!

I'm not missing those long runs one little bit & have more enthusiasm for the changes in training than I had before.

I hope I see you again at one or more of the events you mention. All the very best!    



Blogger Katie stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 25 May, 2006

Hey there shrinking man!!! I know what you mean about the injuries.... I was thinking the same thing, but ama sucker for punishment.

Those times are looking great!!!    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Friday, 26 May, 2006

Good decision Gronk. You'll have a great year.

I recognise that fuel belt from the start at Nail Can!    



» Post a Comment