Weekend update

Week 13 of 13 Saturday 13th May 15km | LSD I met Blkbox and SydneyGal at 6.30am at the Queens Park gates. A cloudless morning meant that there was extra chill in the air. We decided to run into the city via Oxford Street and then head down to the Opera House/Circular Quay until we hit 7.5kms and then turn around and come back. We ran at a comfortable pace past the drinkers in the Oxford Street pubs, past the Museum and down Macquarie Street to the Opera House. There were no niggles to report apart from a few stiff muscles that always seem to be there. They come and go and I've basically learnt to ignore them. Its funny, I've started getting these niggles since I've been trying to stretch more during the week. I have done no stretching since Albury (apart from the standard post run stuff) and behold my niggles seem to be better. So I'm not doing anymore until after this Sunday's half. If it aint broke dont fix it etc ! Once we arrived at the Opera House we ran up the stairs Rocky style. This pic is Blkbox and SydneyGal in the early morning sun. From there we run around Farm Cove, past Mrs Maquarie's Chair then up Bourke Street to Taylor Square then back to Queens Park via Randwick Racecourse. We finished bang on 15kms and did it in about 1:20 I think. SydneyGal is running her 1st Half on Sunday and her goal is sub 2 hours so seeing that we have been training at below her race pace, I think she has that in the bag for sure. I've decided to try and run 5:00/km pace on Sunday. Last time I ran the Striders Lane Cove 10km I ran it pretty comfortable at 4:45/km so I'm thinking that running the SMH course at 5:00/km is doable (sp). I just need to get out to a strong start and stay on the pace for the whole race. Easier said than done for me normally, but I am looking forward to the challenge. Sunday 14th May There was no time to run because of a hectic Mother's Day, but I did manage to squeeze in a spin once the kids were in bed. I have no real idea what a true taper is all about but I think I will run 10kms tonight, spin Tuesday, 5km Wednesday, Spin Thursday and then leave it at that until Sunday. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Carolyne stopped running and said ...
Monday, 15 May, 2006

5:00 minute pace is certainly 'doable' Gronk!

Great photos - it sounds like a magic Sydney day for a run.    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Monday, 15 May, 2006

Fantastic piccies Gronk! Looks like the perfect morning for a run. Or a drink by the sounds of the Oxford St pubs.    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Monday, 15 May, 2006

Nice looking run Gronk - 5mins sounds doable for you Gronk.... I'll be a few seconds per k behind you!    



Blogger allrounder stopped running and said ...
Monday, 15 May, 2006

if i can manage 5:00 pace then you should be a shoe-in!...good luck!!    



Blogger Unknown stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 16 May, 2006

Fabulous photos of the Harbour & Opera House, Gronk, but I simply couldn't get up that early! I love to see where others run.

You should do the 5:00 minute pace, or else I might pass you!!    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 17 May, 2006

That bottom one is spectacular Gronk!

Of course, it should be 4:59/km, so 1:45:08 or so! Easy. Just don't bulk up too much in the next few days.
;)    



» Post a Comment