Static Bike

Week 10 of 13 These exercises that I am doing to fix my twisted mind spine and hips have given me a whole bunch of new niggles (DOMS probably) in the muscles that have hardly been used before. So instead of going for my 8km run required by my program I jumped on the bike for a brisk 60 mins. Other than a sore bum from the seat (how does Lance do it ?) I finished feeling pretty fresh. I then continued with my daily stretching and strengthening exercises. The DOMS in my legs, hips and lower back were feeling a tad better and I finished nearly all the exercises as per instructions. I have decided not to tackle the Bondi Barefoot on Sunday. Too many little pesky niggles lay dormant that I fear could blow up with a play in the sandpit. It's disappointing but realistically it's Nail Can next Sunday and SMH in May that are priorities. I aim to run 10kms tonight and then a gentle 7/8km on Saturday followed by 18km on Sunday, however I may drop the Saturday run if my legs are still complaining. Sometimes I feel like I'm constantly walking on egg shells trying to avoid injury... Mood --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 27 April, 2006

All my niggles have disappeared with the HR training Gronk - however it remains to be seen the affect on my racing pace....    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 27 April, 2006

Good move Mate. You were aiming for Nail Can so better to be ready for that.    



Blogger Mandy stopped running and said ...
Friday, 28 April, 2006

Egg shells are when I get hurt..I alter my stride, and whammo...    



» Post a Comment