Sore bum.

Week 7 of 13 I saw Berta yesterday for my hour of pain. It's funny, I leave office saying to my PA "I'm off to get a massage" and she always replies "lucky you!". I'm sure she thinks that I lie there with yoghurt on my face and cucumbers on my eyes for an hour whilst being painted with some smelly mud extracted from the hot springs of Tierra del Fuego. I must get her a deep tissue massage for her next birthday to show her just how much I care. ;-) By yesterday morning my ITB had settled down to a mild pull but my left glute, abductor and deep hip area were really sore. Why is the pain moving around for gods sake ? Anyway, Berta concentrated on that area and gave me 20mins of shiatsu on my bum. I don't know if you bloggers have ever had shiatsu but yesterday I discovered a whole new level of pain. Between you and me I think she was punishing me for not stretching enough in this area. It appears that she has successfully released a fair amount of tension in the muscles and I have been given homework consisting of multiple new stretches for the lower back, glutes, hips etc and spent 30 mins last night struggling through them. I'm no Swami that's for sure. I'm feeling good this morning (apart from a really sore left glute) and will have on run on the flat grass in the morning and see how I pull up. ==================== FAT FRIDAY ! Weight @ 01/01/06: 83.0kg Weight last week: 78.6kg Weight this week: 77.2kg Comment: Somebody stop me ! ==================== Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Friday, 07 April, 2006

Great wieght loss Gronk - well done mate ;-)    



Blogger Dave stopped running and said ...
Friday, 07 April, 2006

Gronk, I've been experiencing pretty much the same thing. Twinge in hammie all of a sudden pops up in adductor or hip flexor or groin as I stretch the troublesome area.

Thankfully ITB has not joined in the fun, but I have been doing a lot of precautionary ITB stretching!    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Friday, 07 April, 2006

Just get that rolling pin out and bash the ITB into submission.
And stop weighing yourself naked. My weight is going the other way. I was 72kegs in Aug last year and now I am 76. God please get me back running soon.    



Blogger miners stopped running and said ...
Friday, 07 April, 2006

Mate I don't know how you put yourself through that sort of pain. I can't stand it - at least with IM, it's all self-induced.

Thanks heaps for your support mate. It's meant a lot. All the best in your lead-up to the barefoot :)    



» Post a Comment