Big Tuesday

6km | soft sand | 53:05 Week 6 of 13 Yes I know that the movie was called Big Wednesday (Jan Michael Vincent ?) but I was down there on Tuesday. I heard that Cyclones Larry and Watti had whipped up the seas and that they recorded 8m surf somewhere on the east coast. Well it wasn't quite that big down at Bondi last night, but it was certainly pumping. Interestingly, there was some guys out off Icebergs having a night surf (Icebergs have large flood lights which illuminate much of the surf at the south end. Still it was stupidity plus!) and heaps of beach fisherman at the north end. I haven't done any soft sand running for a few weeks and decided that I would just head down there and take it km by km, ready to pull the pin if I felt wasted. Surprisingly, I finished the 6kms feeling pretty good apart from the soles of my feet which started to feel a little numb. I shake my head with amazement at the guys who run a marathon in this stuff ! It's seriously beyond my comprehension. I will alternate between soft sand and Darley Road hill reps throughout April and aim to tackle the 4km Bondi Barefoot race at the end of the month. That will give me good preparation for the 9km Manly Soft Sand Classic in June. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 29 March, 2006

Matt Johnson, Leroy the masochist and Jack Barlow.
I thought you were doing Nail Can hill the week after Bondi?    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 29 March, 2006

Big Wednesday - loved that movie. So many cute guys :-)))

I'm not sure either how people run marathons in soft sand. In fact I'm not sure how you can run 6k in it - well done!    



Blogger Ellie80 stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 29 March, 2006

sorry for the lack of pics today gronk :) - thought i should keep it PG until i get the site listed with NetNanny...

hehe.

i will have to get back onto the sand too - i find it really tough but must be good for me!    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 29 March, 2006

More power to you Gronk - I hate sand - square feet and 90kg's I just sink!    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 29 March, 2006

Listen stop parking under Batfinks tree will you. I'm doing the 10k at Bondi just for the hell of it. Pray for rain the week before to keep the sand hard.    



Blogger Wobbly man stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 29 March, 2006

Good for you Gronk - btw - how are the shins going these days )or shouldnt I mention them?)    



» Post a Comment