Darley Road Hill Reps

5km | Hill Reps | 0.5km Week 4 of 13 My program had me down for 5km on soft sand but running on wet sand not only turns you into a schnitzel, but the sand also gets between your toes and causes blisters on my feet. So the rain this afternoon meant that I should do hills instead. So keeping to the 5km program I ran the 500m to Darley Road and did 4 reps with jog recovery. Darley Road is not hugely steep, but is a nice long drag with about a 45 degree climb. My splits were: 2:56 2:29 JR 2:50 2:33 JR 2:43 2:25 JR 2:39 2:15 JR Not real sure what all that means but I was pretty buggered afterwards. Probably that I was too soft at the start. IIRC you are supposed to do hill reps at even times (?). So I blew that. At least my times were on the improve rather than on the slide. Looking forward to hammering out much more of these as my program slowly allows my distances to increase. ==================== FAT FRIDAY ! Weight @ 01/01/06: 83.0kg Weight last week: 79.5kg Weight this week: 79.4kg Body fat @ 01/01/06: 33.10% Body fat last week: 26.10% Body fat this week: 25.50% Comment: Huh ? ==================== Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Lulu stopped running and said ...
Friday, 17 March, 2006

Hi Gronk, I do that hill all the time and it's harder than it looks. I think it's quite a good one for hill reps although one is enough for me.

You've lost body fat and probably put on muscle and that's why your body fat has gone down but not your weight. Having said that I'm not sure how accurate the scales are. My body fat % has been all over the place recently.    



Blogger Unknown stopped running and said ...
Friday, 17 March, 2006

I know Darley Road well, Gronk; lived not far from there for years!

To answer your question on my blog : NO! Don't even think of uncrossing your fingers, toes or even your eyes...not until I'm on that start line & even then, only uncross your eyes for the sake of your own safety on the road!    



Blogger Ellie80 stopped running and said ...
Friday, 17 March, 2006

sounds like a good hill i might have to come and try out one time when I get myself a program that includes hills! sounds like a tough one - and those times seem really fast? thanks for your program idea - sounds like pat carroll is the man! will look him up. E    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Friday, 17 March, 2006

Gronk - forget the scales and body fat mumbo jumbo - use the tried and tested and extremely accurate belt hole indicator - that's the one that counts! having said that I'm just about to weigh myself....

Nice work on the hills mate ;-)    



Blogger CJ stopped running and said ...
Friday, 17 March, 2006

I think it was smart to start conservatively and finish strongly!    



Blogger Wobbly man stopped running and said ...
Friday, 17 March, 2006

Don't know that hill but it sounds a little like Anderson Street- just a little shorter. Great work pal.    



» Post a Comment