6km with a little pain

6km | easy | 34.40 Week 4 of 13 I had to do 6km last night and set off for a lap around Bondi Junction and Queens Park. I've been trying to lengthen out my recalcitrant hamstrings lately and whilst I'm getting some progress, the temporary side effect is that they are quite sore at the moment. So last night they decided to complain vigorously for the first 2 kms. Thankfully they eventually warmed to the occasion. A nice stretch afterwards also made them happier. Now to a possible problem. Podrunner put some extra felt pads on the inside forefoot of each orthotic 2 weeks ago to assist with extra pronation (well that's what I think it was for anyway). It feels like a lump in the shoe when you put it on. Anyway, I've noticed a pain in my right foot which extends from the forefoot inside pad through to the big toe. I felt it on the weekend, last night before and after the run and also this morning when I hopped out of bed. I've emailed Podrunner for his opinion. If I don't hear back from him by tonight, I might pull the new padding out before my run and see if the pain eases. Call me paranoid but I don't want to take any chances these days... Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 15 March, 2006

You didn't "have to" Gronk you chose to!!!

You are going great Gronk - just get those orthotics sorted and you will be powering on ;-)    



Blogger TA and the Gnome stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 16 March, 2006

One day you will run pain free. Probably one day only mind you :-).

TA    



» Post a Comment