Weekend Wrap

Saturday 25 March, 2006 25:00 | grass Week 6 of 13 My program had me lined up for an "easy" weekend, Saturday was 5km at HM pace and I chose to do that on grass to give my legs a break from the pounding of the road. I ran a undulating grass route in Queens Park which takes me up and down sharp hills for the entire loop with only a small portion on the flat. The weather was crap which meant that the GPS had no idea where anything was. So I just ran at a brisk pace and left it at that. No problems with niggles but I did get absolutely soaked. Er, excuse me Mr Nike. Your shirt and shorts did not "wick". Sunday 26 March, 2006 7km | easy | 36:23 I woke up early on Sunday morning and sat in my kit waiting for the sun to rise before I could head off. I am so glad this daylight saving rubbish is over next Sunday. At the first hint of light I did a lap of Queens Park and Centennial Park before the kids woke. No niggles to report, no rain this time either (nice change) but I noticed it was a tad chilly. Hmm, not sure I am ready for winter just yet. Please arrive slooowly so I can adjust... I got home, fed the tribe their Sunday morning feast and headed off for a days hard work at Rushcutters Bay Pre-School where a bunch of us Dads spent the day gardening, sanding, painting and repairing for the kids. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Ellie80 stopped running and said ...
Monday, 27 March, 2006

haha - i've been wondering about nike's miracle wicking fabric...    



Blogger Spark Driver stopped running and said ...
Monday, 27 March, 2006

I like the post to Mr Nike. Any response yet?    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Monday, 27 March, 2006

I think you are being a bit harsh Gronk - if you have a resting heart rate of say - oh - 38bpm, the temperature is 18 degrees C and you do no more exercise than say click the button on the tele remote then the Nike stuff works brilliantly ;-)    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 28 March, 2006

Cool, no niggles :-)

I'm with you about the dark mornings, and we don't even have daylight saving!    



Blogger Don Juan stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 28 March, 2006

I wear the nike shorts for the swoosh.    



» Post a Comment