Totesterone overload.

6km | soft sand | not timed Week 7 of 13 It was shirts off at 20 paces at Bondi Beach as the beach runners came out of the woodwork last night, all obviously training for the Bondi Barefoot at the end of the month. So instead of me being the lone runner in the sand, I was joined by at least a dozen other gents all vying for alpha male honors in an impromptu dress rehearsal for the event. Yes the sand was wet with totesterone as the boys all ran hard ensuring that nobody passed them as they completed each 1km lap. I on the other hand refused to play a part in their little game, just plodded through my laps and ignored their subliminal challenges. By the way my ITB is still sore. Its a niggle rather than a pain, but it doesn't seem to be improving any. I am seeing Berta again tomorrow for a massage and will monitor it over the weekend. If after my Sunday LSD it's still there then I will have to see Larry the Physio next week for some treatment. I need to nip this in the bud quickly before it gets worse as April is an important month for my base leading up to Nail Can, the SMH half and beyond. I've been doing the rolling pin thing (on my side in feotal -sp?- position with rolling pin under my ITB, moving it up the thigh every 30 secs or so) and also stretching it the only way I know how (sitting on the floor and pulling my bent knee up and across towards my chest). Does anyone know other stretches that can help beat this niggle ? Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Lulu stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 05 April, 2006

Sounds like a interesting run!

ITB stretches that I do have been side stretches. Cross one leg behind the other and then push the behind leg hip out to the side and lean over with the top of your body in the other direction. Don't know if that makes any sense?

Also stretch out your glutes as if they are tight they can tighten the itb. You can use the tennis ball on the glutes trick.

I know you have your own massage person but I can highly recommend Easy Tiger. He has got results for me that I couldn't have imagined would just come from massage. It hurts though!    



Blogger Ellie80 stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 05 April, 2006

hmm sounds quite good actually - is this a regular tuesday night thing? i might have to accidentally be running by... :)    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 05 April, 2006

Mine is still a dull ache too Gronk - I also find stratching and massaging the adductors helps in addition to the ones lulu has suggested.    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 05 April, 2006

The physio gave me stetches but I also googled 'ITB stretches' and found a few more on different sites.

Its a bloody popular injury!    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 05 April, 2006

ITBs just take a long time. By the way, stretch the good side as well!

Hope you're right for Albury Gronk. Might see you there.    



Blogger Katie stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 06 April, 2006

I do the one Lulu does too. I also make sure glutes and Quads are really stretched too.

Good on you for running your own pace.... those guys sound gross!    



» Post a Comment