SLIP SLOP SLAP

Week 7 of 13 A family friend is a semi-retired plastic surgeon and now operates his home surgery as the Woollahra Skin Cancer Clinic. Getting checked for these nasties has been on my to-do list for some time, so I finally found the time to see him on Saturday. I basically got the all clear but he did freeze of a few "crusty bits" from the tops of my ears and one on my back. So heads up bloggers ! The message from the Doc for runners was to watch the scalp, tops of ears and bottom lip. I always wear a cap and put on the 30+ on my face and back of neck but think I have been slack on the ears over the years. I have never used any sun screen on my lips so I will have to make that part of my routine from now. I entered the Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon this morning. It's a great race and a really fun day. As the late, great Big Kev would say - "I'm excited!" Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Ellie80 stopped running and said ...
Monday, 03 April, 2006

hey gronk - great run on saturday - that is definitely a PB - if you were in the olympics .05 could break a world record 5 times! and that is a v good reminder that it is time to get to the molescan clinic!    



Blogger Spark Driver stopped running and said ...
Monday, 03 April, 2006

I have to admit I am pretty slack in the sunscreen department. Will keep it in mind for next summer.    



Blogger Simlin stopped running and said ...
Monday, 03 April, 2006

I have always had a rather noticable freckle on my bottom lip. I try to slip slop slap it these days (as compared to my younger more irrespondible days) but maybe I should also get it checked out.

PS nice run.    



Blogger Mandy stopped running and said ...
Monday, 03 April, 2006

hmm, I hope I don't have crusty bits.    



Blogger Katie stopped running and said ...
Monday, 03 April, 2006

Oooh entry in!! Thats great Gronk! I will have to put mine in this week! If I survive sunday in one ok I want to give this one another run.... it is such a fun course!    



Anonymous Anonymous stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 04 April, 2006

Congrats on the equal PB. How is everything holding?

Couldn't make Domain. Injured at present.    



Blogger Don Juan stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 04 April, 2006

See you out there on the SMH 1/2 course. There were a few striders beers after the race last year as well.    



» Post a Comment