To PB or not to PB

10km | race | 45:15:95 | PB ? Week 6 of 13 So with a 45:16 10km PB, can I claim a 45:15:95 finish as a PB ? Yeah splitting hairs really. I think I'll just say that I equaled my PB today then. Having said that the Striders Fleet Steps course is much tougher than the Olympic Park course last month with 3 laps of a 3km or so loop. Each loop has two tough hills so I can walk away from this one knowing that I did better this time around and that 45 minute barrier is mine for the taking very soon. I caught the 5.55am train from Bondi Junction to Martin Place and walked down Macquarie Street in the dark towards the Opera House. Down by Bridge Street I was joined by an American couple, Jack and Helen, who were out from Atlanta visiting their new grandchild. Jack is a keen runner and found the Striders race on the web. Same goes with a young Irishman who was running as well whilst on holidays. I was a very proud Aussie as we walked through the Opera House forecourt in the pre-dawn light and out through Farm Cove. What a beautiful place to be on a crisp still morning. 10km | LSD | not timed After the usual catch up with everyone I ran home through Woolloomooloo (it smelt like stale beer and spew, yuck), up through Darlinghurst and then along Oxford Street to Centennial Park where I did a lap of the horse track to add a few more Ks to the run. I ran it very slow and just plodded home at a steady Cliff Young pace. All in all I'm a little tired but very content with my morning. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 01 April, 2006

Mate if Ray Warren was calling it on the tele you would have "absolutely smashed it" - BTW normal mathematical rules of rounding do not apply to PB's - you always, ALWAYS, round down! That's a 45.15 in my book ;-)    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 01 April, 2006

Lucky I pushed you for 2 laps to take young Horrie. And you finally got him 3rd lap. Great job mate. Wait for final figures you might be + or - a few secs. With North Head coming up if no Southerly I reckon you will do 43:45 easy.    



Blogger Katie stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 01 April, 2006

Be bold young Gronk... claim it as yours!!! Great running today :-)    



Anonymous Anonymous stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 01 April, 2006

I'm with 2p you always round down, so it's a 45.15, congrats on the new PB    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 02 April, 2006

Congrats Gronk!!!

Yep, round it down. You probably rounded the last one down to 45:16 anyway.    



Blogger Don Juan stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 02 April, 2006

I take the pb even when the cheap watch goes on the blink and stops early.

Good idea to do that run home. Overall progress on Fat Friday's is impressive.    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 02 April, 2006

I beg to differ! All road times are rounded up to the nearest second, so, an equal PB. A good run with those hills Gronk so you should be happy.

Just don't run 44:59.98 when you break 45.    



Blogger allrounder stopped running and said ...
Monday, 03 April, 2006

top run gronk, i'd be very pleased with that time...    



» Post a Comment