Easy Wednesday

7.2km | easy | 39:34 Wednesday is an easy day on my program. It's sandwiched between two hard days and designed to just add to my base I guess. I ran a 7km route near my place which runs along the outside fence of Centennial Park. I like this course because its 50/50 road and grass and can be run at night without fear of being eaten alive by a werewolf in the middle on the park. I ran it pretty easy except for a little niggle in my left leg. It starts out in the ITB, moves down to the inside of my knee, hangs around in the quad for a while, disappears for a time and then heads back to the ITB just to piss me off. It's funny, this problem has only started because I was feeling guilty that I hadn't been stretching much and my hammies were woefully short and inflexible. So consequently I started doing various stretches in this area. Bingo - now I've got these (small) niggles. Maybe it was best to leave "sleeping dogs lie" ? Just another hill to climb in the never ending learning curve of running.... Good thing I've got a massage booked again today for midday. She (still don't know her name) was quite brutal with me last Thursday so I hope she doesn't smash me about too much this time. After all I want to run Striders in the Domain on Saturday. Wobblyman asked yesterday about how my shin splits were going. My answer to that Wobbly is that I don't have shin splints at all - today. ;-) Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Mandy stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 30 March, 2006

uh oh, that wall smacking doesn't look like too much fun :(    



Blogger Katie stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 30 March, 2006

Haha I am the same with stretching... I am brilliant for a while then slack off and something starts to whinge to remind me! I hope it sorts out with a massage and a good stretch!    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 30 March, 2006

Be careful with it Gronk - these ITB critters can be right ornery ;-)    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 30 March, 2006

Smack that ITB until it gives in. I like the outside of the park as well, except now for the long stretch of concrete from Queens Park to Alison Rd. Which is why I still run inside the fence watching for bats and trees roots.    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 30 March, 2006

Her name isn't Mulva is it?    



» Post a Comment