Easter Bunny etc

45:00 | moderate I met up with Cool Blogger Blkbox today for a quickish run through Queens & Centennial Parks. I felt pretty good today with only a slight tightness down the outside of the thigh (ITB I guess). I spent most of Friday stretching not only that area but my glutes, abductors and other hip type stuff. A revelation was rolling my butt on a tennis ball. Doing that I found a nasty patch deep in my glute which I reckon (based on the level of pain) could even be a tear. Berta the Massage fiend's advice of warming the ITB etc with a heat pack before I stretch and applying ice afterwards, things seemed to work OK and made the run go OK. Today at the Easter Show (groan, am I just a cranky old man or is a $350 for day out with the family a tad ridiculous?) my ITB was not troubling me but moreso little niggles deep inside the hip and glute. A warm shower this evening and stretch seemed to fix it OK though. So, for today anyway, I'm feeling OK and confident that I can kick this sooner rather than later. I shall now tuck into an Easter Egg in celebration I think. Oh yeah, Fat Friday was cancelled for this week. Today I had a pie and a beer and fairyfloss and some fudge and a milkshake and (I won't go on) .... then stopped off at Norton Street for Pizza tonight. Back on the diet on Monday or Tuesday I think. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Ellie80 stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 16 April, 2006

gronk, surely you know that there are no calories (except those burned) on public holidays? this is particularly so on days of religious observance. go nuts.    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 16 April, 2006

I hope you have a dozen kids to spend that much in a day at the show.Bring back the $2 showbag I say. Easter eggs have no calories, the easter bunny told me!    



Blogger Katie stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 16 April, 2006

It would be irreverrant to get on the scales on Good Friday. Good work :-)    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 16 April, 2006

$350 - you got off light!    



Blogger Spark Driver stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 18 April, 2006

Nothing grumpy about spending $350 at a Easter show. I would be grumbling too.    



» Post a Comment