Back in the swing ? Who said that !

5km | Recovery pace Week 7 of 13 Yes, recalcitrant. That's my left quad and upper ITB right now. Walking home down from Bondi Junction after work last night I was feeling sweet. I had a run down to Bondi Beach and back planned, about 10kms. After the kids were in bed I headed out for my run and it only took 5 paces for my Beach run to be canned in favour of maybe a run out to Moore Park and back. Another 5 paces and the Moore Park run was quickly switched for a most uninspiring lap around the block. So this dull ache in the upper ITB has not gone away and simply chose to be dormant on the weekend. I ran last night at about 6min/km pace and finished feeling sore but OK. This morning however I'm very sore and hence a bit cranky. I'm seeing Berta the Masseuse tomorrow for my hour of pain and may have to flick her for a session with Larry the Physio next week if things don't improve. I found some ITB specific stretches on the Running Times Magazine website, so I will give these a crack twice a day over the long weekend and ice up often as well. I'm scheduled for 6 hours of cross training on Saturday (taking the kids to the Easter Show) which will probably only stuff things further. If my family loved me they would push me around in a wheelchair for the day, wouldn't they ? ;-) Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Dave stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 12 April, 2006

Enjoy the show with the kids Gronk. From memory last year we went to the show a week after 6 ft and I did a 20km STaR that morning and was very tempted to hop on the pram and have the kids push me.

Hope the ITB sorts itself out.    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 12 April, 2006

Gronk that is not corss training it is an ultra!!!! You might end up cross though ;-)

Whimsical critters ITB's....    



Blogger Unknown stopped running and said ...
Friday, 14 April, 2006

Gronk....Maybe you could "lose" the family at the show & stay until found in one of those Lost & Found places they have for lost kiddies!

My turn to keep fingers crossed for the ITB silly old thing!

Enjoy the Easter Show...I love it!!    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Friday, 14 April, 2006

Thanks for that link to the exercises in Running Times Mag Gronk. I just hope I don't put my back out doing some of them ;-)

Have fun at the Easter Show. I'm sure you can find a few signposts etc to subtley do some leg stretching on as you cruise around. And if you sit on the ground to eat lunch you can do the glute stretches as well.    



Blogger BethJ stopped running and said ...
Friday, 14 April, 2006

Have fun at the show Gronk!!!    



Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Friday, 14 April, 2006

Of course they would Gronk!

As for the stretches, of those in the RW article, the first one is the only one that worked for me. I just didn't feel like the others 'hit the spot'. I hope they work for you ;-)    



» Post a Comment