City run.

10km | easy Week 9 of 13 I pulled up a little sore in the hip/quad/ITB area after Saturday's run and the Easter Show walkathon. So I spent all available time on Sunday icing and stretching. Ice seems to do the job on the ITB and I felt good enough to go for a "turn the legs over" 5km run in the afternoon. Last night I ran into the City along Oxford Street around at the Museum and then headed home via William Street and Edgecliff. I didn't run at any real pace, it was more about just getting some miles in my legs and trying to build my base for the half in May. Running the hills up to Edgecliff and then up through Woollahra were testing on my ITB but not impossible to put up with. A little pain is OK by me as long as I'm still able to run. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 19 April, 2006

"A little pain is OK by me as long as I'm still able to run" - My sentiments exactly"!

LOL love the violin Gronk - is it playing just for you or all the ITB sufferers in the world?    



Blogger miners stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 19 April, 2006

yep - have to agree with yourself and 2P on this one. I don't think there will ever be a time when there won't be at least *some* pain while on a run.

My current motto is screw arthritis - just run    



Blogger Lulu stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 19 April, 2006

Stoopid ITBs are a pain! I agree, there's an acceptable level of pain I'm prepared to put up with to run, except if it's joint pain then I'm a bit more cautious.

BTW I think $350 for a day out is totally outrageous!    



Blogger Lulu stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 19 April, 2006

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 19 April, 2006

Thats a hilly 'easy' run. As you said there is the need to get ks in the legs for tha half. Something that I am not doing at present.    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 19 April, 2006

You could have had a few physio and massage sessions for $350!

I hope there's less pain before the half Gronk... as much as the dead horse is feeling (nil) would be good.    



Blogger Don Juan stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 19 April, 2006

That's a good 10km workout, and saving the uphills for late so you don't change your mind early.

Impressive Fat Friday performances, you'll be skinnier than me soon.    



Blogger Mandy stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 20 April, 2006

Okay, I love your smilies. lol Crack me up every time.    



Blogger Don Juan stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 20 April, 2006

Happy birthday too.

Now that you're turning 50, expectations will lower. Pressure's all off.    



» Post a Comment