Fight night.

10km | easy Week 13 of 13 No I didn't pay $1,000.00 for a ringside seat for the Mundine fight at Aussie Stadium last night, but I did run past there about 9.00pm and watched the highlights on the news ! Yeah lover not fighter here. My run was rather uneventful apart from nearly getting bowled over by a blind cyclist on the Daley Road cycleway near the Racecourse and ending up on my bum on the grass [shakes his fist !]. I can't say that I'm feeling particularly fast right now for Sunday and am a bit worried about my ridiculous statement about running this hilly course at 5:00/km pace. So whilst I am firmly in taper mode, I am also deep in self doubt and therefore excuse gathering mode. So far I have selected a bag full - and be warned I ain't scared to use one ! Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 18 May, 2006

I'm using the old Spanish Inquisition line. "we have two weapons, fear and surprise, surprise and fear".
Might work on Blue Dog, but you can use it too.    



Blogger 2P stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 18 May, 2006

LOL you 'n me both Gronk - I'm lining em up all over the shop!    



Blogger TA and the Gnome stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 18 May, 2006

The problem with a bag full of excuses is that they weigh you down. Chuck 'em. You don't need 'em. Enjoy Sunday!

Gnome    



Blogger Tesso stopped running and said ...
Friday, 19 May, 2006

Sometimes I find the more self doubt I have the better I end up running. It like you've trained so hard that the pressure is really on to do a good race and that's when the negative thoughts start coming in.

Good luck! And no matter what just have fun out there.    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Friday, 19 May, 2006

Run like you did at Nail Can and you'll flatten those hills Gronk! You're definitely a sub-5/km half runner.    



» Post a Comment