Argh ! No more hills !

11km | Recovery Week 11 of 11 I have blogged time and time again that I don't recover as well as I should. On the morning where a bunch of CRs were running through the Royal National Park, I was walking down stairs sideways. Yeah damn envious. So my goal after the C2S is to sort out my body so that my recovery rate is on par with the rest of the running nation rather than me doing my impersonation of John Wayne after a 6 day ride. I recall having a winge to Larry the Physio last year about it and he suggested me jumping into a cold bath after a race or hard session. Even add ice to the water he said. Yeah right. You see the footballers do it all the time to fast track recovery I guess. I might have to try that (brrr) , buy those long skins that I have promised myself for ages and google warm down runs and post race stretching. Gotta try something as whatever I am doing is not working. By lunchtime Sunday my DOMS had calmed down with the aid of Voltaren Rapid and the odd ice pack, so I decided to head out for my last hilly hitout before next Sunday. McMillan says that my recovery runs should be at 6:10/km and I had no problem adhering to that pace ! I ran down through Randwick to Coogee Beach and then north along the coastal track. My quads,calves, tib-ants and other assorted muscles were killing me along the way. By the time I got down to Bronte a rational voice told me not to trash myself a week out from an important race, so I took a detour home rather than continuing to Bondi. That detour then presented a loooong climb back up from the beach to Charing Cross, so needless to say I was pretty pleased to arrive home shortly after that. So that's it for hills this week. No more. Zip. Zero. Tuesday I will do a girly flat 5km and repeat that on Thursday. Hopefully that will leave me fresh and zippy for Sunday. I have no niggles - today. Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Katie stopped running and said ...
Monday, 07 August, 2006

Congrats on your run at Lane Cove... next week is lloking good!!!    



Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Monday, 07 August, 2006

Warm down run - what the heck is that?

;-)    



Blogger Lulu stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 08 August, 2006

Skins will definitely help I'm sure with your recovery. Great run on Saturday and have a good C2S.    



» Post a Comment