Listen to your body.

12.45km ( easy) | 80:31 Well, CR Horrie said listen to your body. So I did and it wasn't happy. Ice and massage on sore shins and calves was the order for Friday/Saturday. Today I ran on grass only and boy did my legs enjoy it. The perimeter run of Queens Park is about 2.5km long and is mainly flat with a steep rise at the eastern (Waverley) end. I have finished fresh and strong without any pain. I think I will stick with the grass runs until the next Striders race in March. With a bit of luck by then my calves would have strengthened and the inflamation/soreness issues resolved.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Horrie stopped running and said ...
Monday, 14 February, 2005

Sounds like you approached it sensibly Gronk. Your body needs to adapt to the pressures you are putting it under. The important thing is that you are able to keep running.    



Blogger Unknown stopped running and said ...
Monday, 14 February, 2005

Hope you're feeling OK today, Gronk! LL    



» Post a Comment