I think I can ...

6.5km | Recovery Week 1 of 11 I saw somewhere on CR that it takes you longer to recover when you get old. Well I don't know how old "old" is but I have been struggling all week with DOMS from Sunday. Last night was my first amble since the 1/2M and even then my calves, quads and hammies were complaining all the way. Always a glutton for punishment, I did a short run down to Bronte Beach which involves a long 1km or so climb up Bronte Road back to the Junction. I ran at Cliff Young pace which meant that it was hard to keep warm in my singlet & shorts (yes a little underdressed for the temp). I will run once over the weekend and stick to the grass of Centennial Park. That should enable me to resume normal training next week. EDIT: Oops, I forgot something .... ======================= FAT FRIDAY ! Weight @ 01/01/06: 83.0kg Weight last week: 75.9kg Weight this week: 75.6kg Comment: I'm a little surprised that I lost any because I've been pigging out all week. Oink ! ======================= Mood: --->
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Friday, 26 May, 2006

I ran in Queens Park last night. Well actually ran up the hill from darley rd first and then ran back down across the soccer fields. It was pretty dark in the middle there away from the lights. Isn't recovery supposed to be a day for every klm. 21days oh no!    



Blogger Unknown stopped running and said ...
Friday, 26 May, 2006

"Old" can be at any age, Gronk! But I know what you're saying.... I've taken most of this week off any sort of running because of DOMS after Sunday; just easing back in as from today & hoping to start up again on Monday....no point if the legs are complaining all the way! Hope you recover fully very soon.    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Friday, 26 May, 2006

Old is 97. LL is just a spring chicky babe and you're a mere child Gronk!    



Blogger Katie stopped running and said ...
Friday, 26 May, 2006

Go Gronk... 8kg or 16 tubs of marg~ no wonder your looking so good ( hehe and I did not recognise you in the half!!!) Keep up the hard work!!    



Blogger Ellie80 stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 27 May, 2006

you are a glutton for punishment!!! but nice work on the constant downward trend of the friday weigh in!    



Anonymous Anonymous stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 27 May, 2006

I'm with you about the weight. I'll have slack week, eat heaps and yet maintain or lose some weight. I can't figure it out.    



» Post a Comment