Niggles

86 days to go. 7.5km easy | 55.03 Ran the outside fence of Centennial Park plus a bit more to make up the 7.5km on my 1/2M program. Calves were fine but I felt a slight niggle in my left archiles. I must have over stretched it at one point. I'll give it a workout on the bike tonight and try and ease the tension. Sunday Run has me doing 15km easy. Rather than easy pace, I'm thinking of ramping it up a bit to a touch under 10km race pace (5:10) to about 6:00. I just feel like this program has me bludging a bit and I need to go out there and push myself. After that I will have a quiet week leading up to the Striders Rce 2 next Saturday at Homebush. I'm starting to question this 1/2M program. Whilst I guess the goal is 1/2M, its not doing me any favours with my 10km time. I might have a look at the whole thing on the weekend and see if I can include some 500m or 1km intervals as recommeded by Superflake. I think that I might combine an intermediate 10km program and just bump up my Sunday long runs. After all my goals are two-fold. Improve my 10km time and compete in my first 1/2M. Its seems that my current program is centered on the 1/2M and neglecting the 10km aspect.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment