Pain in the ... (part 2)

5 x 300m Hills | Jog back recovery Last night I ran 3km warm up and then hit the hill at Ruthven Street, Bondi Junction again. Left archilles was tender, as was both calves (inside of shin). I'm not saying I'm in any real pain and it certainly doesn't hinder my stride, but its there and seems to recur every now and then. Anyway, the run was fine. Hills didn't really stress me (I didn't bludge either and ran them pretty hard). Ran 2km warm down jog home. Usual story, ice and stretching afterwards last night. I will ice and stretch Wednesday. My Thursday run will have to become a static bike session, so I should be right for the Striders Rce 2 at Homebush. I really don't know what causes all of this. I run in shoes recommended by a runners shop (for mild pronation). I run 3 days a week and use a program which never increases workload beyond 10% per week, so I can't be accused of over overtraining. I'll see either a physio or pod next week I guess.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Horrie stopped running and said ...
Wednesday, 02 March, 2005

A wise decision Gronk to visit Pysio and/or Pod. It's easy to pass these niggles off as just your body adapting to what you are putting it through. A visit to one of these guys may save you a lot of pain in the future. Good luck with the visit and see you at Homebush for Striders 10km Race 2.    



Blogger Unknown stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 03 March, 2005

Hope you're not worried by that pain for too long, Gronk; for sure have it looked into before it becomes chronic pain; have a good run at Homebush. LL    



» Post a Comment