Striders Race 2

Olympic Park Homebush 10km 49:30 PB Hey ! Based on Striders Handicap I came 12th !!!! Ha !! Woke up this morning feeling pretty crappy. I stuck with my pre-race breakfast - bowl of fruit with yoghurt and a can of V in the car on the way. Again the turn up was amazing. The Striders club is apparently growing in numbers every month. Batteries were low in my GPS and I couldn't get a signal through the overcast sky. I set out at a steady pace with CoolRunners Jets and Plu on and off for the first few kms. Like Lane Cove I ran with Jets for most of the first 5kms. Jets kept me on pace and focused (if it wasn't for her I'm sure that my Lane Cove time would have been much slower) and then Plu for a while after that up to about 5 kms. Plu then mentioned that if I wanted to shoot for a PB, then I better get a wriggle on. So I pushed on and gave it my all. With a few Kms to go and I was hurting but could see that a PB was in reach, so I dug even deeper to finish about 30 secs below my Lane Cove Time. The real good news of the day is that my calves seem OK and my shin only slightly tender on the touch. Lets hope that this continues. I heard today that the Sydney Morning Herald 1/2M entries open on Monday. Yikes ! :D
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Gronk stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 06 March, 2005

Thanks Plu. Your comments before, during or after a race are always appreciated !    



Blogger Horrie stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 06 March, 2005

Congratulations Gronk on going sub 50 and taking another huge slice off your PB. It's good to see your tender legs aren't slowing you down at all.    



Blogger Gronk stopped running and said ...
Sunday, 06 March, 2005

Thanks Horrie. While you guys where running amok at Quarry Road yesterday, I was hobbling around like an invalid ! Don't know how you can do it.    



Blogger Carolyne stopped running and said ...
Tuesday, 08 March, 2005

Well done Martin/Gronk!

Great getting a PB for the classic distance to gauge how you are going.

I like your new blog page too!

Carolyne/Flash    



» Post a Comment