Second thoughts


I have been harbouring a secret. My shins have been sore for the past week. Yesterday I went for a run at 4.30am (yikes!) and the shins were sore to the touch all day. Yes tight calves are the culprits and possibly too many kms on my shoes. All fixable in the short term, but it makes me wonder about Sunday's SMH.


My heart says yes, but my head says no. My heart got me into trouble before Canberra when I stupidly ran 30kms of hilly coastal stuff, when I had only been running flat stuff for many months before that. That stuffed my hip and put me out of the Marathon.


So I'm leaning towards being sensible and bailing out of 21kms of slapping the road on tender shins.


What to do ...
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 15 May, 2008

I'm sure this isn't the answer you wanted but here it is - you know what to do Gronk. You are just hopping some crazy bugger will get on here & leave the answer your heart wants to hear!

So sorry to hear about your shins. Maybe you should stop wearing high heels so much. I stopped having shin problems when I stopped wearing them on a daily basis & saved them only for special occasions :-D    



Blogger Simlin stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 15 May, 2008

I must be that crazy bugger. My heart says "do it", my head says "do it" but then again my legs are not your legs?
Crazy enought!    



Anonymous Anonymous stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 15 May, 2008

As much as we would enjoy your company, the last thing you need is another enforced break. I say listen to your head, even though it's a tough thing to do    



Blogger Superflake stopped running and said ...
Thursday, 15 May, 2008

Pace Lucky Legs at the back.Running 2:30 I believe? Shouldn't be too much trouble on the evil twins. And stop slapping the road you are supposed to run on it.    



Blogger plu stopped running and said ...
Friday, 16 May, 2008

Heart and mind - complex things in the one human body. Why don't they coordinate.

All the best with your decision.

Plu    



Blogger Jen stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 17 May, 2008

So what's your decision Gronk?    



Blogger Ewen stopped running and said ...
Saturday, 17 May, 2008

DNS is better than DNF, or finish and not being able to run for x weeks.    



» Post a Comment